Friday, May 15, 2009

Weight Loss Goal Close- but no Cigar.....

I have procrastinated writing today because I did not meet my 10% goal, I did lose 2.2 pounds- which is SUPER- but .4 pounds short of the never ending quest- so it seems. I wanted so badly to say I was there. I love feeling like I am accountable to you... I know that you are checking in and pulling for me - just like I am for you.
If you would have told me 6 months ago I would write a blog I would have said you are crazy. I can't believe how much I enjoy this and reading comments and just knowing how many others just like me are reaching out to help and support each other. If you stop to really think about it, the blogging community is quite amazing.
In other areas we have a super busy day tomorrow, the neighborhood garage sale, my daughter's soccer game and her best friend's dance recital (I consider her another one of mine- she is the best friend to my daughter and they are together 24/7 for almost 2 years, plus she is a GREAT girl!)
The garage sale... so I have ungrown many of my clothes- YAY!! but am going to donate them- I don't think I want to publicize my before size just yet. Maybe in 3 more months- but not quite yet... It's weird how I would care what complete strangers would think, let alone my neighbors if they browsed by.. but I do. So it is settled- DONATE ALL FAT CLOTHES THAT ARE TOO BIG FOR ME!!!
I haven't been hungry today- which is really weird for me on weigh in day- I usually feel like indulging in something not so healthy. I went to lunch with my hubby at Longhorns and had the best grilled chicken strawberry salad. It had tons of mandarin oranges, grapes, and strawberries, a grilled split chicken breast (boneless, skinless) a little cheese and crunchy sweet pecans all topped with the most amazing raspberry vinaigrette. They toss the greens in the dressing and it was not much dressing on it at all- I think all the fruit flavors would be missed if it was over loaded- but it was really great- definitely put it on your to try list. I guess it satisfied me because I haven't been hungry yet- but like I learned to day at my meeting- you must fuel your body to keep the metabolism going- if not you won't burn as much.. so I need to go make dinner- nothing planned yet- please feel free to leave suggestions or links of any great dinners. I think I am going to check a couple other blogs... some of the BEST meal ideas- and everyone I have tried has been wonderful.
Have a great Friday- and I will be posting my 10% achievement next Friday!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You have a good attitude and that can be half the battle sometimes. I like to make kabobs, you can buy the wooden scewers at the dollar store. You can do anything, shrimp, chicken, beef and just cut up all of your favorite veggies and stick them on. I like to make a lite basting sauce or use a lite italian dressing. Cook on the grill or broil. I serve it over rice with a salad. Its kind of fun and not hard to do, and you know there are no added calories because you are controlling what goes on them.

    Have a great weekend.
    ANne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for donating clothes!

    You'll get that 10% next time; I know it!

    Btw, you can check out FitNutz.com to order. Personally, I like the PB2 from Bell Plantation much better:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2.2 is a great weight-loss for your tenth week. I hope you are proud of your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete