Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Need to blog to stay OP

Well I was a little discouraged last week and have really not been on program at all- actually when I got to 40 points on Saturday (evening at least) I quit counting until yesterday. So back on and now this AM woke up and had my monthly visit from my Aunt.. ya know the one who gives you cramps. Well I knew I shouldn't but I did... weigh myself that is. And somehow, someway I have lost another pound- I am guessing the weight loss gods are smiling on me-- IDK but I will take it and push on again today.
I am thinking something grilled for dinner.. Salmon? Chicken? I will figure something out.
I already took the little dog, to the groomer and have to go and find a few last minute things for my daughter. Her prom is this weekend and she still needs something for her hair and some other items. I am gonna take a bag of Smart Pop popcorn with me- that is my all time favorite snack- love the cranberry almond- I know I could eat this everyday and never get tired of it.

Which brings me to the point that I think mixing up your food a little helps with weight loss. I have noticed that on weeks I eat the same food (at least Breakfast and Lunch) I lose less, when I add more variety I lose more. I wonder is that just me or is it like that for everyone.

Well I will be posting again soon. I do better when I blog- I wonder if I write twice a day if I would lose more weight??? I know- I am reaching but I will take any help I can get. Have a great day.

4 comments:

  1. You asked my suggestion for trying Edamame and I would suggest this one.

    Red Grape and Walnut Salad

    1/2 cup red grapes, halves
    1/4 cup chopped walnuts
    1/3 cup frozen edamame (shelled green soybeans), thawed
    2 tablespooons Universal Lemon-Flax Vinaigrette or low-fat Italian Dressing
    3 cups green spring salad mix

    Toss all ingredients together.

    410 calories, 31g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 29g carbohydrates, 8g fiber, 12g protein

    Univeral Lemon-Flax Vinaigrette

    1/4 cup lemon juice (juice from 1 to 2 lemons)
    1/4 cup flaxseed oil
    1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
    1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    1 clove garlic, minced
    salt and pepper to taste

    whisk all ingredients together. Keep in refrigerator about seven days.

    2 tablespoons

    88 calories, 9g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 2g carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 0g protein

    I also thought this one might be good but I haven't tried it yet.

    Edamame stir-fry with brown rice

    1/2-inch chunk ginger, grated
    1 clove garlic, minced
    pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
    dash of salt
    1 red bell pepper, sliced
    2 teaspoons sesame oil
    3/4 cup shelled frozen edamame
    1/4 cup 100 percent pineapple juice
    1 cup cooked brown rice

    Saute the ginger, garlic, crushed red pepper, salt and bell pepper in oil over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add edamame and pineapple juice, and cook for 8 minutes more on high heat. Top brown rice with veggie stir-fry.

    485 calories, 15g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 74g carbohydrates, 12g fiber, 16g protein.


    Let me know if you give it a try!!

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Can't wait to try the edamame recipes above!

    WC...You are doing great by getting back on track! One day at a time right!

    I usually try and plan my menu in the morning and that keeps me on track!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stuck in a rut with breakfast and lunch. I do eat mostly the same every day...helps me plan for dinners, where I try to mix it up, but I usually eat the same things week after week.

    I may try to change up my lunch a bit. I love my breakfast, so I don't want to change that. lol

    Congrats on that pound while Aunt Flo and Uncle TOM are visiting. lol I laugh at the words we use to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about variety it helps me stay on program longer.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete